Friday, January 25, 2008

I love Peggy Noonan, but is she right on this?

Did President George Bush really cripple the Republican party? Read her column today in the Wall Street Journal. She said, "George W. Bush destroyed the Republican Party, by which I mean he sundered it, broke its constituent pieces apart and set them against each other. He did this on spending, the size of government, war, the ability to prosecute war, immigration and other issues."

I voted for Bush the father and Bush the son. I supported them and still do, but honestly I'm kind of disappointed in President Bush for compromise after compromise. Geez, enough of the 'touchy-feely let's have Ted Kennedy over for dinner and a movie' stuff. He had a wonderful opportunity to revive the Reagan revolution and maybe blew it. He's made it difficult to be a Republican because of his wishy-washy nature about key political issues.