Monday, February 4, 2008

Is anyone else tired of winter?

Well it's been a week that's tested everyone in my family. We drove through the blizzard last Thursday--yes, BLIZZARD, and thankfully made it home safely. Today I drove through some awful fog and was supposed to catch a flight out of Midway Airport. When I left Southwest Airlines and WBBM AM said all the flights out of Midway were on time. By the time I got there EVERYTHING was canceled. I've never seen so many people in line to check bags or talk to ticketing agents. Rather than wait for hours we decided to simply call SWA. They were very accomodating. I think I'll stay home.... Here's a link to check out current weather conditions at Midway Airport--shoulda used it earlier !

Here's another link to check the status of Midway Airport.