Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I thought it would NEVER happen....

but it has.
I am officially and totally tired of politics.
Yep, almost can't believe it myself.
  • Maybe it's because this presidential campaign has dragged on FOREVER (aren't we in the millionth year of the 2008 presidential campaign????)
  • Maybe it's because local politics is frustrating me--more school referendums are most assuredly coming which means higher taxes.
  • Maybe I'm discouraged by the bottomless pit of whining by liberals
  • Maybe I'm exhausted by ENDLESS circular arguments about gas prices. (DUH--if you commit to drilling it WILL bring the price of gas down---oil prices are determined by SPECULATORS and they bid the price up on the basis of the FUTURE supply. DUH)
  • Maybe I'm just SICK AND TIRED OF LIBERALS.
  • Perhaps I'm just resigned to the probability that Democrats will be in the White House come January. (John McCain surely isn't showing us much as a candidate and people seem to be buying into this Obama crap about hope. I HOPE they get a clue because Obama is just an empty shirt that David Axelrod has created....it's SO OBVIOUS.)
  • I'm disappointed in the ineptitude of Republican leaders when it comes to REALLY showing what idiots Democrats are
  • I'm disappointed the guy I voted for in the last 2 presidential elections (yes, our very own George Bush) has turned out to be completely unable or unwilling to stand up for conservative values. He's just too nice, and nice doesn't get you anywhere.
  • I'm just not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel....and not happy about that.
I'd guess I'm not the only Republican who's just exhausted. I'd guess there are a lot of us who just don't feel excited about election day this November. But let's look at it this way---we will still:
1. Vote
2. Campaign for our candidates (maybe not wholeheartedly, but we will support them)
3. Continue to be conservatives and Republicans.
4. Look ahead to the NEXT election and hope for the best then.

So liberals, DON'T GET COCKY. We're still here--kind of like the sleeping giant. Soon enough we're going to rise up and bite you on the ass and take back our country. You'll see....and it won't be pretty.