Friday, January 2, 2009

A great one from the Washington Times

I love reading much that Wesley Pruden writes. Check out this link and get ready to chuckle.

One of my favorite parts:
"Perhaps Barack Obama will lift the gloom on Inauguration Day, when he walks across the Reflecting Pool without getting his feet wet, and his aides and acolytes walk among the throng with a hot lunch for the multitudes, abundance transformed from five barley loaves and two small fishes just taken from the Potomac. (It's what real Messiahs do.) But if the peddlers of gloom, doom and drear are correct, we expect too much of a mere president, even of Mr. Obama. Underneath that handsome façade he's probably only human." (I don't think his voters think he is human--haven't you seen the Montel Williams ads on tv for the Obama coin? The fawning and ooohing is nauseating.) .....

And more from Pruden: "The polite word for all of this is, of course, bullshine, peddled before in days of yore." I think I'd use the real word to describe it. Ah Wesley, I love your cynical view.