Friday, March 6, 2009

and I'm back

Sorry for the lapse in postings. Lots of reasons, but some involved travel, surgery of a family member and sunshine. I'll leave the rest for speculation. But now I'm back and the DOW is DOWN big time. The sunshine I enjoyed--watching the DOW tumble I didn't. I refuse to look at my 401K mutual fund because I know it's down DOWN DOWN DOWN. Thankfully I'm a few years (not many) away from being able to start withdrawing money from it, but honestly like other people I'm wondering if there will be anything there when I'm ready to start withdrawing. Back a while ago I predicted that the DOW would settle around 7000----WELLLLLLLLLL, thanks No-bama, it's almost 500 pts. below that. My primary mutual fund that I originally bought in 1988 at $11 a share is at that again. Yep, I'm down THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of dollars and wondering how bad it's really going to get with the great wizard (who is absolutely clueless along with his smart-guy staff) on how to "manage" the economy. I guess in all that time in those Ivy colleges he never studied basic capitalism-economics. DUH. Yep, proves that any Ivy education doesn't make you smart--just gives you an "impressive" resume. I'll take someone with a state university education any day. At least they usually have some common sense and might have WORKED for a living which gave them some experience in the REAL WORLD.

So here's the article of the day from the Wall Street Journal--this guy has it right.

Obama's Radicalism Is Killing the Dow

A financial crisis is the worst time to change the foundations of American capitalism.