Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Just a few notes about the week so far

  1. Monday I got a chance to be a good citizen and serve jury duty. I was there good and early, ready to do my civic duty. Got picked for a panel, sat and listened to about 20 people or so get questioned for a case involving a burglary and possession of burglary tools. Nope, didn't get picked, but considering the questions that were asked of the others I doubt they would have chosen me. Oh well. After that we were all excused. Maybe next year....
  2. As of Tuesday night every Big 10 Division 1 women's basketball team is now officially out of the tournament. I know a few girls who play on the Purdue team, and I'm actually glad they're done. The basketball season is just too darned long. I know 2 girls who are 5th year players (both out for a year with some pretty serious surgery ), and I know the toll the practice and conditioning takes on their bodies. I'm not too fond of the coach either, but that's another story. My predictions? Yep, I'm going with the majority of folks who think UConn will take it this year. They're scarey good.
  3. Don't know about you but I'm darned tired of cold weather. Weather folks say we might be getting some snow flakes this weekend. ENOUGH ALREADY. I want spring, sunshine and warmth.
  4. Another day, another stupid thing No-bama and his nitwits have done. Heard about the I-Pod gift to the Queen of England? Egad--it's loaded with pics of him and his speeches. Ego, thy name is No-bama. Could this guy be any more full of himself? Can you imagine George W. doing something like that--and on top of that can you imagine the press and how they'd rip him apart?
  5. Every day I watch Fox Business Network (LOVE IT) and love Neil Cavuto. Watch this video of Cavuto ripping Congressman Grayson a new one. These Dumb-ocrats are beyond ballsy. Cavuto--I love you.