Sunday, September 13, 2009

And this is why I'm happy to be retired

"Teachers unions have contributed over $1.3 million to ACORN and its affiliates, since 2005, according to U.S. Labor Department financial disclosure forms." SOURCE: WASHINGTON EXAMINER

When I was forced to pay union dues and therefore contribute to both the NEA and IEA I asked for a refund of the "political" money the NEA took from me. I never got it back.

"
Both the NEA and Teachers AFL-CIO advertise as strong advocates for children. ACORN staffers in Baltimore were caught on video instructing James O’Keefe, the undercover filmmaker, and his partner Hannah Giles how they could falsify documents and obtain benefits for 13 “very young girls” from El Salvador."

I was never happy with the political positions NEA took--they always supported Demon-crats (I obviously didn't) and they promoted such things as condoms in schools and the teaching about "alternative cultures" (like homosexuality) which I didn't think had any place in the classroom. Let's just say I was never a darling in the union world. I vowed to quit teaching when I'd be forced into another teacher's union. I kept my word. I'm not happily retired and not sending those thieves at NEA or any other union ONE CENT.