Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Have the demon-crats (and other evil liberals) learned anything?

  • Gay marriage repealed in Maine


  • GOP sweep: Big governor victories in Virginia, NJ


  • House health bill totals $1.2 trillion


  • Lessons from the 2009 election results (YA GOTTA READ MICHAEL BARONE'S COLUMN)

    Oh my, it's fun to watch them to watch them self-destruct. A couple weeks ago while we were in Austin, Texas we took a couple hours and toured the Texas State Capitol. While going through the Senate and House chambers (galleries) we encountered a couple from New Jersey. I commented that our (Illinois) chambers were much more "techno" than Texas. The couple said they'd never been to their capitol (and they weren't spring chickens). Now I found that really stupid on their part (but maybe a lot of people have never been to their state capitols--and I find THAT stupid), but I let that go and commented, "Don't worry, soon you'll have a new governor and you can go visit then." Whoa, they got snitty with me and kind of stomped off while saying, "We hope not. We love our governor." HA HA HA HA HA. I guess his taxing, corrupt, drug dealing campaign worker, egotistical, smarmy, "I can buy anything" ways just weren't popular with the majority of the voters. Hurray for New Jersey voters. And hurray for Virginia voters also who chose a common sense CONSERVATIVE for their new governor.

    Now maybe Illinois can have the courage to pick a conservative Republican on our election day!