Friday, November 5, 2010

A lingering depression

So Tuesday was a WONDERFUL day across America for Republicans, and yes, here in Illinois it was pretty darned good to get rid of Bill "I'M A LIBERAL AND I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT THE VOTERS IN MY DISTRICT WANT" Foster and Alexi "I LOVE MY MOB BUDDIES" G. BUT unfortunately the voters in this state allowed Pat Quinn to retain his death grip on Illinois. For the life of me I can't understand how anyone could vote for that boob, but of course the teachers' unions pushed him in spite of the fact that schools aren't getting the state money they're supposed to get, that Quinn uses them as a political tool, and that kids are not doing very well in state testing. Unions support slackers, and it's a damned shame they do not get it. They pushed lies about Bill Brady, allowed their members to believe the lies, and hide behind their lies.

So ya, the future of Illinois is bleak. Of course we'll get a tax increase. We'll suffer further deterioration of our credit rating, and the idiot known as Quinn will keep borrowing money (in concert with Madigan) and further putting our state in the red. It's so sad. So you can understand the lingering depression I'm feeling. I grieve for my state.