Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Law of Lower Class Values

The Law of Lower Class Values « Freedoms Journal
"There is an absolute lower class culture. The victimization values of this culture create behavior that makes these people stay poor. It is not bigotry or prejudiced, nor is it condescending to call them lower class. They have a culture that is antithetical to creating wealth and accomplishment. This culture blames problems on others as opposed to making accountability a priority, and as a result, the victims are discouraged from improving themselves; they are discouraged from working hard for the “man.” It promotes a zero-sum mentality leading to crime, especially theft, and welfare dependence. It disparages educational excellence. It encourages misogyny which leads to the breakdown of the their family structure and contributes to the lack of traditionally successful male role models. I can go on and on. The vast majority of positive accomplishments from this culture revolve around sports and entertainment, especially popular music. Unfortunately even the popular music tends to extol the negative aspects of this culture."  (From Armstrong Williams)

My grandparents were immigrants from Sicily. They valued their family, God, and made sure their kids knew how important it was to work, follow the law, and save your money. They passed that on to your kids and my parents passed those values on to me--and I have done the same for my offspring. I married a man with similar values.

Moral of the story--I have never seen myself as a victim--I believe in hard work and accomplishment. Living your life that way will lead you to happiness and wealth.