Sunday, November 30, 2008

So what did you do on Black Friday?

Ok, be honest. Did you get up at 3 am to go to some store and wait in line for a 4am or 5am opening? Did you have a list and go to each store and methodically make sure to pick all those items on your list? Did you wait in long lines for a deal on a new HDTV? Or did you decide to participate in the recession by sleeping in, not shopping, and not buying anything?

--I DID NOT get up any earlier than usual.
--I DID go shopping, had a list, and did make sure to TRY to get those things on my list. Of course some of the items on the list (like that dog bed at Menards for $9.99) were already out of stock. I went online on Wednesday and did some research on "Black Friday" ads and knew what would be on sale even before the newspaper came on Thursday.
--I DID NOT buy a new HDTV (how many televisions can you watch anyway?) but there were some great deals all day Friday and Saturday on televisions.
--I DID make a conscious decision NOT to participate in any recession.
--I DID pay for everything in cash. NO CREDIT CARD BILLS for me.

The best thing about Thanksgiving was enjoying a nice day at home, good weather, a wonderful meal from Fresh Market, and a very happy birthday. I am now officially on the "back side" of my 50's and enjoying my life enormously. I thank God every day for my life and my family. Thursday was a great day. I hope your weekend was pretty darned good too.