Monday, December 1, 2008

So what did you do on Cyber Monday?

After struggling with trying to find replacement cartridges for an HP Printer/Fax/Scanner (they're too darned expensive) I decided to FINALLY hook up the $25 Epson printer I got LAST YEAR the day after Thanksgiving to my husband's desktop computer. It's sure a lot handier having a printer on that desktop computer than trying to boot up another computer in the house with a printer attached just to get something printed out. So after I got that one going I decided to check out the online specials after a story on the news about what great deals there were out in cyber-land. Best Buy had a wireless laser printer deal for under $100 that I could pick up in the store and I was oh so close to buying it. But no, decided to check out CYBER Monday.com and came upon a great deal from Dell (every computer we have is a Dell, and I've had pretty good luck with them) on a wireless printer that was reduced drastically. So that was my guilty purchase today, and it was a good one--with 2 extra printer extra-capacity cartridges the whole thing came to a hundred bucks. Not a bad deal!

So again, I'm refusing to participate in the economic downturn--and in spite of the stock market crashing down over 679 points (sure hope I don't need that IRA for some time...) I'm going to continue to support good companies and try to keep the economy humming along....