Saturday, December 6, 2008

"Teachers Unions Bankrupting American Education"

Just came upon this wonderful website and the information it offers. Take a look at this:
"Big labor unions have destroyed countless American industries, including the Detroit automakers who are now begging Congress for a bailout. But these unions don’t just control factories and assembly lines. Our public education system is a slow-motion car crash, driven by the same union special interests that brought the auto companies to the brink of bankruptcy."

This insightful new video shows how teachers unions protect bad and incompetent teachers, block school reform efforts, and use their members’ dues money to support a radical left-wing agenda."


The Truth about Teachers Unions from Union Facts on Vimeo.

I always said that when a union came to my school and (in effect) forced me to join I would quit. I stuck to my word.

Also from this website: "These unions fight tooth and nail against any meaningful change to their comfortable status quo – while students and taxpayers pay the price."