Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Judy Topinka ponders come-back bid

"The last Republican to hold statewide office in Illinois is pondering a come-back bid.

Confirming chatter among GOP insiders, former state Treasurer Judy Baar Topinka says she has been asked and is considering running in the 2010 elections, most likely either for her old job or for Illinois comptroller.

"I'm out here scandal free in a state that is fraught with corruption," Ms. Topinka, 65, said in a phone interview Monday morning. "I have people who are asking me to do this. People in the party, people in my old office. They're asking me to think about it.

"I really don't know yet," Ms. Topinka added. "You could say I am ruminating.""

What do you think? At least she wouldn't have to run against the Blago money machine like last time, but it'd still be tough against ANY Demon-crat in Krook-linois.

(The title of this entry is linked to the Crain's article on this.)