Sunday, February 14, 2010

A good and not so good day

Today is the 2nd "anniversary" of the horrific murders at NIU. My heart still breaks for the families of those people killed and the others who suffered injuries on that sad day. As a mother I cannot imagine how difficult each and every day must be without their children. Today I was blessed to be able to go to church with my husband and "offspring," stop to have bagels and coffee afterward, and then go out to dinner and enjoy their company. There were many smiles, jokes and lots of precious time together today. For that I am very grateful and know how blessed we are by God. This evening my "offspring" called and said a law school classmate's entire family was in a bad automobile accident and all sent to different hospitals. We believe everyone will be okay, but are reminded of the fragility of life and the importance of family and faith. We pray for their recovery, and hope you will do the same.